Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"Living life Well"


Each day has a beginning and an end. At the end it is nice to say, " That was a good day". The requirements for that to happen are not all that strict.

One of my favorite memories was almost always on a Saturday. After a pleasant day of task doing and hanging out with my kids, a great ending would come. I would sit on the porch and rest for a bit. While I was doing that I would listen to the sounds around me. First I may hear my kids laughing and playing. Then I might hear a lawnmower or hedge trimmer running. Then a car would drive by and maybe a plane would fly over.

At those times I would realize that the sounds of a lazy Saturday afternoon are some of the best sounds I know!! Life never felt so good!! Those were and are great days. No vocation or experience in an exotic location can surpass those days. That is living life and living it well!

Thank you God, for the simplest yet most rewarding days of our lives. Verses: Luke 17: 11-19 Mark 5: 21-34 Matt 9: 12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment