Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Be a Role Model"


My kids think I am a goof ball. I guess they thought their dad would be this serious, straight laced figure of strength and stability. Instead they get this older version of themselves!

I have given them a distinct and thorough set of expectations for their lives. Rules that are good for their development and character. Some were early on to keep them safe and respectable. As they age some have been slackened up somewhat.

How I treat them and others provides a ground work for their lives. How I live my life does affect them tremendously. My beliefs or lack of them, is also hugely important.

They all know I love and trust God. They all know I would never harm them in any way. They know that I have deep respect for this planet and all God has put on it. They know that they are loved and will always have me as their dad. Whether I am a goof ball or a scholar I can't say? I would rather be a little goofy though and enjoy every day!!

Verses: Eph 6: 1-4 2 Tim 2: 22-26 Gal 5: 16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment