Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"Thanks 2"

I would also say I was most thankful for my Grandparents. They provided family with a strong glue to keep us all together. Holidays we were all expected to be there and there were no exceptions allowed! The food was always awesome and all cousins were in attendance. I don't know if there were other options available because none were ever discussed. We all went to the grandparents house and that was that! Grandpa said grace and all bowed their heads in respect.
    When my grandparents needed help with a project all the family would show up and pitch in. If they had a trip planned often some of us would go and experience something new and exciting. Thanks cousins for protection during hurricane Agnes in State College 1972. All my love and care for yard work came from my Grandparents as a youngster. I am sure brother Jim and I will never forget Grandpa in Erie Pa at
Mc D's insisting we drink milk. Little did he know that a milkshake there was far removed from being milk!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment