Monday, November 11, 2013

"Halloween"

Here we are again at the night of ghosts and spooks. Some may not care for it at all. Others may go out of their way to be a part of this night. The newspaper says it is second only to Christmas in money spent for this day. 
        It is also my dads' birthday and he has seen 71 of these fall nights. I guess you could say just another day or what a fantastic way to celebrate. As far as my dad goes he just has to hear Happy Birthday Dad!!
If Halloween is a Pagan celebration in its' origin it sure has morphed into something else.
       I appreciate pumpkin which God has lovingly provided. I also love the pretty leaf colors, also a gift from God. The crisp fall air reminds us of how blessed we are to have heat and cars and other creature comforts. What ever Halloween is or isn't it only comes once a year! 
        Verses  2 Cor 9: 12-15  James 1: 16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment