Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Own Things, Things Own You"


I am probably somewhat keenly aware of this concept. I owned a house and when we first lived there it was the "Family" home. We utilized it all as a family should. As the kids grew up and I was alone trying to keep it up I realized my house now owned me. The days of all chipping in were gone.

I felt owned and controlled by the demands of my house and property. I love the outdoors but I am allowing God to take care of natures needs.

My cars and bikes and stuff require quite a bit of my time but I sure do enjoy the challenges they present. There is always going to be an areas where I fall short( house keeping) and areas where I excel(staying healthy).

Balance once again is hard to define. I do know that who I share my time with significantly affects how I choose to live. God and his plans are always there, I just need to pray, listen, and follow what, where, with whom, and how I live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment