Thursday, June 16, 2011

"90 Hours"



One of my co-workers from the the city was at my shop yesterday. I only see him a few times a year. He asked the question, Are you guys working 90 hours yet? I replied "Why"? Why would anyone work that many hours? If he is I pity his family as that can't leave any time for them.



I am sure he was joking and works less than that. Last December he allowed two weeks of vacation to go because he wanted the overtime. I can't imagine being that concerned about money that all that matters is making more. He is not alone in his quest for riches I am sure.



I also read an article yesterday in the newspaper about the difference between Americans and Europeans work and vacation schedules. The Europeans are more defined as "work to live" and Americans are" Live to work" I see where there is potential to be in excess of either. I don't have an answer but I do know 90 hours at work a week is ridiculous!



Verses: Ex 23: 12 Matt 6: 25-34

No comments:

Post a Comment