Friday, October 8, 2010

"The Friend Zone"


My adult children coined this phrase! They have found that in their dating lives sometimes they only make it to "The Friend Zone". They would like it to go farther in the relationship but it takes two!! There is nothing wrong with this zone unless you desire it to be more.


I personally feel that the FZ is not so bad. At least then the complications of a relationship seem less so. Expectations are met easier. After all shouldn't we be friends first before any other connection can be made?


I hope to encourage my teenage daughters that the FZ is a good place to be. I hope and pray that they honor my request. I also know that our hearts can get in the way of our heads!!


Throughout it all I am confident God is there and wants what is best for all of us. Our job is to follow and obey God and allow him to guide our steps.


Verses: Eccl 7: 1-13 1Thes 4: 1-8 2Cor 7: 10-13

No comments:

Post a Comment