Wednesday, July 14, 2010

" Success is Guaranteed"


I spent one winter season(Dec,Jan, Feb), trying to bend hard, brittle Ebony wood around the body of my sons' guitar. I was building him a guitar for his 18th birthday and I was years behind schedule. ( he was 21). He wanted it trimmed in black. I could have used a plastic edging but was determined to use wood.


I have this connection to things only God has created. Our creations as man never seem to be quite as good. Wood just happens to be one of my favorites! The grain,color smell, and feel of wood is like hanging out with God in the work shop.


After 3 months of breaking many pieces of wood, and ordering more from up-state N.Y., I was finally able to accomplish the goal. I believe God wanted me to perservere and succeed.


Pray: God: thanks for giving all of us desire, patience, skill and the ability to learn and grow.


Verses: Psalm 56 (all) Psalm 118 (all).

No comments:

Post a Comment