Thursday, May 12, 2011

"Getting Weak"



After a time we may all feel we are getting weaker. When we have to put out lots of energy to do something it may drain our energy reserves. Both mentally and physically can this weakness be felt.



One of the weakest times I felt was climbing Longs Peak. Towards the top you have to climb over all these large rocks. Getting to the top of each one took some effort. I suppose the elevation of 13000+ feet didn't help matters either!



I would take a rest between climbs over each one and realized how weak I was feeling. Determination and pace kept me going, and I eventually was able to reach the summit!



God gives us power when we are weak and determination to accomplish our goals, It also opens our minds to our human existence and limitations.



Verses: 2 Cor 12: 7-10 Isaiah 41: 10 Romans 8: 26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment