Friday, October 9, 2009

"Follow God"

I often wonder how I will know when I am following God? It seems very likely for me to follow a path of my own doing. A common belief is that we measure all we say and do to the bible. We then can follow God to his purposes. God will not go against his word and neither should we. The path we follow should glorify and honor God! Others should benefit for us having done so. To know and experience a life following God is a life well lived! Pray: God show me your way, not mine, and encourage me to always follow you., God. Verses: John 8; 12 Rev 14: 1-5 Mt 16: 24-28 Jer 1: 4-19

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I think we all struggle with this one! I've been reading Job chpts 14-15. Eliphaz thought Job must be wicked because he suffered - God must be punishing him. It's easy to do when things are going well for us. Then comes the time when we suffer and there seems to be no clear cause! It helps me understand and be more compassionate to others! I pray I am not callous about the pain of others - I could potentially bring more harm than help! I do not want to minimize the importance of grief - it is necessary to move from despair to hope. 1 Peter 1:6-8: Trials in life can potentially show that our faith is genuine! I pray God, that I hold on to you tight and strengthen my faith! ...and trust that a future life with Christ will make life here more bearable!
    I hope your days are glorious! I pray that your faith is strong in times of uncertainty!! GB!!
    I rambled on a bit - I guess I had a lot on my mind!

    ReplyDelete