Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Smell"


I am amazed at the many different smells we experience. Walking outside in the fall months, reminds me of so many things. There is the unmistakable smell of a wood fire. Then we all can remember the smell of burning leaves. I also noticed some unknown fragrance that was like a perfume? Perhaps it is a person nearby that I can't see? One of my favorite, is the smell of a pine forest. Then there is the not always pleasant odor ,of cars and trucks! God gave us this wonderful ability. We open up our minds to so many memories from each odor we smell. Thank you God!!! Verses: Song of songs 1: 3 Song of songs 4: 10-16 Mark 14 : 1-9

3 comments:

  1. I only have 8 chapters in Song of Songs - was there another book that chapter 47 verses 10-16 related to your devotional?
    Though the sky has been gray, the smell of rain is always a pleasant one! A reminder to me that if I just keep the faith and stay positive...there is always something to be thankful for! Praise Jesus!! GB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting outside in the rain this morning! Reminded me of your devotional. "In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength" Isaiah 30:15. Sometimes God chooses unusual times to talk to me! The rain is like renewal - a fresh beginning. Like the rain, when I take the time to listen to it, smell it, and know that it's cleansing; if I take the time to be alone with the Lord, listen and realize his cleansing power, I know I can find a renewed reservoir of personal strength and quiet confidence! Praise Him - thank Him! GB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My own penmanship is my liability, try S O S 4: 10-16

    ReplyDelete